March 2, 2011
For Immediate Release
In Another Galaxy Weekend
at the National Museum of Play®
March 26 & 27
Come dressed as one of your favorite science-fiction characters and be swept up in a weekend of epic proportions during In Another Galaxy Weekend at the National Museum of Play at The Strong® on Saturday, March 26 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 27 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Meet actors from the 501st Legion (Vader’s Fist) and the Rebel Legion and pose for pictures with your favorite sci-fi characters. Watch veteran artist Katie Cook brings Star Wars characters to life. (Cook has worked on licenses such as Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and Fraggle Rock.)
A cosmos of other intergalactic activities await:
- See robots built by the R2-D2 Builders Club and rockets by the Potter Youth Rocketry Organization.
- View science-fiction artifacts—including action figures and space ships—from the museum’s renowned collections.
- Play Tron, Asteroids, and other vintage science-fiction arcade games, as well as LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for Wii.
- Discover the science behind robots, “lightsabers,” and some of your favorite science- fiction technology with Edmund Scientific and X-treme Geek.
- Check out real bugs to see how they inspire alien creatures on far-off fictional planets.
- Transform Mr. Potato Head into Darth Tater or Artoo Potatoo and get a temporary tattoo at the Tatoonine Tattoo Shop.
- Build a space ship or an alien in the creative craft zone.
- Check out a cardboard T-65 X-Wing Fighter that’s more than four feet long!
- Enjoy brain teasers and puzzles from the Imperial Cadet Training Manual and the Rebel Legion Activity Book.
All activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Note: In Another Galaxy Weekend is a program of The Strong’s National Museum of Play and is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $12; Seniors $11; Children (2–15) $10; Children younger than two free; museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden:
General admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; Children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Please call 585-263-2700 to reserve and purchase tickets.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.